Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Fri, November 3, 2000 at 12:32 AM GMT (Thu, November 2, 2000 at 4:32 PM PST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Answer

I understand that you feel our fee is high, and, as I have said, if the market agrees, I strongly expect it will be reduced rapidly.

There are also those who have expressed concern that we would be the only registrar while our RRP system underwent testing (a testbed exactly like ICANN had with .com). I have addressed this by offering to increase the pace on the testbed, and perhaps eliminate it entirely, given that there is time between approval and entry into the root servers.

As for the financials, you're right, I'm more of a tech guy. My reading leaves me comparing them with ours, and seeing that they've set their price in such a way as to maximize the revenue to their member registrars. This would tend to make sense, owing to their structure. I just can't agree with it, as it lets them point at a low registry cost, but then allows them to set the registrar cost wherever they like.

As I said, if $15 seems too much to you, I suspect it'll seem like too much to a lot of people, and we'll see market forces correct that very quickly.

Christopher Ambler

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry
http://webtld.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy