Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: For The People
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 6:01 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Representation of IOD supporters

<< I fail to see how these lies and false accusations against Afilias by IOD supporters are going to do any good for IOD. It will be hard for ICANN to pay much respect to the arguments presented by an individual when that individual has made blatantly false statements. >>

Let's face it. Probably .01 percent of all of IOD's registrants are posting on this board.

If ICANN uses the negative tone of this small percentage to fuel a pro-Afilias decision, the motive is corrupt. Having said that, not all pro-IOD commentators on this board are an embarrassment.

Furthermore, I think I understand the initial frenzy. The board was opened, and it was a race to make the first and LOUDEST statement.

But I agree with the comment that many posters are being flippant and emotional.

Compose yourself and your words, folks. Do not hurt IOD's image by poor representation.

Having said that, I think I myself threw in a cheap-shot or two. For that I apologize.

Time to compose my official statement.

Seeya when it is done!       

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ICANN: Be an agency for the People as well as an agency devoted to corporate interests.

Bring IOD's .web into the Internet root, and allow .web to become the TLD of the People.

Then grant us protection.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy