Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Juan Pablo Calvo
Date/Time: Fri, November 3, 2000 at 8:09 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.01 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: YES to .YP - YES TO NEW UNIVERSAL, EFFICIENT and  EASY TO USE gTLD's.

YES to .YP - YES TO NEW UNIVERSAL, EFFICIENT and  EASY TO USE gTLD's.

I have been analyzing the new avenues the Internet will take. The new gTLD's being awarded give some indications of new roads ahead. I've read many interesting comments about some of the candidate gTLD's and the challenges ICANN faces.

It seems that only a small number of gTLD's will be awarded. ICANN has, among the many challenges it faces, to consider before granting the new gTLD's Universality, world wide promotion and benefit of the Internet, transparency, ease of use (viewed from many cultural points of view), capacity, etc.

I found the .YP concept to be universally applicable, innovative, promoter of free market and the Internet, easy to understand, structured to have the capability and flexibility required for future years and a smooth transition form the present to the future.

The .YP concept is Universal in that all businesses or organizations (B-O), worldwide, that are listed in the Yellow Pages will have their information easily accessible through the Internet. Those  B-O's that do not have the economical or knowledge capability to have their own web page or URL will be present. It is a great way to promote the Internet through a worldwide network of, large and small, businesses.

By having an innovative concept, global standard and an open technology platform that benefits consumers, B-O, publishers and the Internet community results in a win-win situation for the world.
Typing topic.location.YP to find a B-O is simple and easy to understand anywhere in the world. The search can be global and the results local and focused, leading to less time loss and frustration from our actual Internet searches.

If you have a small business in a not so well known neighborhood or in a not so well known city, what are your chances of getting you own URL, web page or just being part of the Internet and at what cost. By having your phone listed in the local "Yellow Pages" you automatically become part of the Internet. What more effective way of promoting the Internet, free trade and efficiency than to include those that are the majority of the worlds business organizations.

Juan Pablo Calvo
Calvo@ceibo.entelnet.bo
I was CEO-Executive Vice-president of Telecel Bolivia, a national cellular operation for Bolivia during 6 years. Presently I'm a Telecommunications consultant.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy