Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: kodo
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 1:10 AM GMT (Sat, October 14, 2000 at 8:10 PM EST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Keep NSI OUT!

I personally think that hundreds or thousands of new TLDs should be introduced. I don't support "Sunrise Periods" and I believe that personal domains and free speech take priority over the WIPO and large corporate interests.

I say that Network Solutions should be banned from owning, operating, selling, managing, advising or being involved in the new gTLD process in any way shape or form. Not them, nor their affiliates, nor thier associates, or anyone who is involved with Network Solutions in *any way* should be allowed to participate in the new gTLD rollout.

I personally support IOD's right to .web. They have been running the registry since 1996. They were promised a shot at it back then only to have the rug yanked out from under them. Enough with the lies, and ulterior motives! Stop the monopoly and start thinking of the people for once! NSI has too much involvement already. Until they return control of the Root Servers back to ICANN -- they should not be allowed to participate in ANYTHING! In fact, they should be hauled into court and tried for antitrust violations just like AT&T  and Microsoft.

KEEP NSI OUT !!! 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy