Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Merlin
Date/Time: Sat, October 21, 2000 at 7:00 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.08 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN & IOD

I participated in the last public comments forum that ICANN had and during that time there was a strong amount of support for IOD. What is odd is how just recently we happen to see a press release put out by the names council warning of pre-registrations. Now assuming this was aimed at IOD, it is suspect since ICANN has known of IOD from the begining and never before said anything about IOD or that they were doing something wrong. ICANN has been in exsistence for 2 years and never have they accused IOD of not being able to take registrations. If they thought that way it was their duty to say something to "protect" the "stability" of the Internet. Their silence speaks volumes, all of it good for IOD.

All of sudden when the time grows near and after IOD plugging away for 4 years the vultures dive in to steal. Amazing

To say no to you,
Heck yes I have a vested interest in IOD by virtue of being a registrant. I am proud of that. What's your point besides jealousy?

They say the early bird gets the worm if aflias/neustar/kenstubbs have their way it will be the early bird gets ambushed. Thieves!      

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy