Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Mon, October 30, 2000 at 2:26 AM GMT (Sun, October 29, 2000 at 6:26 PM PST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Reply

My concern for your bias was if you were representing CORE, which has chosen not to apply for its generic domains in favour of a restricted domain. Your assurance that this is not the case is good enough for me.

The number of generics should not be limited. With 44 applicants, and most of them non-generics, even giving each generic applicant a single TLD would not be so many that there would be a stability issue, yet I believe there would be enough to satisfy the non-artificial scarcity issue.

As for who owns ibm.web and apple.web, the best answer I can give is the truth: I have no idea, and as registry operator, I shouldn't care. Do a lookup to see for yourself. If they're trademarks of yours, we've adopted the UDRP, so use it. We'll abide by it.

This is the exact same issue that each and every registry will have - you just see it now because we're operational. You also see it in .com every day. Shall we turn them off, then? I don't think so.

Christopher Ambler

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry
http://webtld.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy