Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: pilot
Date/Time: Fri, October 20, 2000 at 4:05 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Lack Of Afilias Representation In This Forum

Thus far, there are a couple of anonymous individuals, in this forum, defending Afilias while slandering Christopher Ambler.  The content of their posts, combined with their anonymity, lead me to believe they really have no official position with Afilias (not by their pseudonyms anyway). 

ICANN please take note.  The lack of response from a credible Afilias spokesperson, addressing extremely important concerns from others in this forum, is akin to the service currently provided by NSI, Register.com, and other Afilias "partners", to their customers.   There is no response.

One week into the public comment process, there is a deafening silence from the largest, most powerful applicant.  ICANN should realize this arrogance and lack of public concern from Afilias is only enabled by ICANN's defacto partnership with Afilias. 

Other applicants for new TLDs have representatives present, in the forum, addressing various concerns by others.  This is best for the internet.  However, there is no response from the applicant whose application has generated most questions and concerns, Afilias.

Now if I have missed a post somewhere, from an identifiable representative of Afilias, then I sincerely apologize, and ask your direction to it.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy