Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cgrady
Date/Time: Wed, October 18, 2000 at 7:19 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: REAL people WILL care after it is too late. This is historically the case.

It is obvious by my previous postings  that I support Image Online's application so I won't bore everyone with my view of what constitues "too late" as that is obvious. Read my other postings for "cgrady" .

I don't think that it is an issue of people not caring, it is an issue of people not knowing what to care about such as how a centralized administrative body such as ICANN can effect the future of the Internet or an TRUE understanding of how the Internet's infrastructure works. Most importantly it takes personal experiences with monopolies of the past to know exactly why Image Online is so strongly supported.

So you are right in one respect. "Joe user doesn't care" .. however, educate Joe user on the REAL issues and suddenly "Joe user cares quite a bit?

As for me lobbying for Image Online. As far as I am aware Image Online has put next to no effort in organizing an official lobby other than letting it's .WEB owners know that this process is going taking place and telling us to come to this bboard.  If individuals supporting an organization and voicing their opinions is considered a lobby then you indeed have a unique perspective of what constitutes a lobby. Image Onine doesn't tell me what to say in these postings.

As you will see, Image Online supporters, for the most part, are not posting anonymously. It is very clear who we are, and where we are coming from. This further reflects the diversity of Image Online .WEB domain owners.

Contrast this to the anonymous postings that are against Image Online. Granted, a few Image Online supporters have become emotional over this issue and engaged in dialogue we would rather not see on this bboard (myself included), but for the most part the "tit-for-tat Image Bashing tactics" have been from anonymous posters ... and for the most part the substantive issues (regarding the real issues … the applications) have been brought up by Supporters of Image Online's application.

It seem that anybody who supports Image Online's application on this bboard are made out to be "selfish .WEB owners crying conspiracy conspiracy!!" Take the time to read their postings and consider their issues and this is far from the truth.

In reality the anonymous postings against Image Online in this forum appear to repeat the same grammatical errors, same spelling errors and same overall tone grammatical flow.  Should the administrator of this forum decide to compare the IP addresses, machine names, and reverse DNS lookup information contained in the server logs, those anonymous postings might very well not support what one might consider a diverse group of individuals.

To suggest that the issues discussed on this bboard "do not effect "joe internet user" and should be ignored" is incredibly short sighted.

Regardless of my views about your views. I think it is important the ALL postings be considered by both ICANN and "joe Internet user".

Kind Regards,
Chris Grady
President
Vieodata, Inc.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy